I’m a Student
Knowing how to get around your city safely and confidently, and how much it will cost, is easy when you know where to look. Apps and other tools can help you plan ahead. The tips below will also help you.
- Leave enough time
- Know your route – you can plan this on your phone, on your computer, or by looking at Cardiff’s Walking and Cycling Map before you leave.
- Buy a bike or hire one.
- Book some FREE cycle training here.
- Use the Walking and Cycling map to plan your route.
- Use a good lock to lock your bike somewhere safe when you arrive – a D Lock is best.
- Remember that you can’t use a ticket from one company on another one’s services, so check which of the bus companies goes where you need to before you set out by checking on Traveline Cymru.
- If you’re aged 16 – 21 , you can get reduced fares with mytravelpass.
- All university sites in Cardiff can be reached by bus. Plan your journey with Traveline Cymru or download their app.
- Find out more about the Cardiff Met Rider pass here.
- If you are aged 15 and under you can get reduced fares. Over 15s can pick up a young persons rail card.
- You can take your bike on the train – but check before you go, you might have to book it first.
- If your journey starts outside Cardiff, you can also add your bus travel onto your rail fare if you need to.
Other useful information