Cardiff Council is always working on projects to improve travel for all modes, and is keen to make sure that everyone has the right opportunity to feedback their thoughts and ideas. This page brings you an opportunity to find out more about work in progress. Click on the links below to take a closer look.
As you may be aware, the Council is remodelling areas in the city centre to significantly improve walking, cycling and public transport routes, as well as improving the public realm.
This council is consulting on Castle Street. There are two design options being considered.
- Option 1: All traffic – 3 lanes – private cars permitted
- Option 2: Bus & Taxi Only – 2 lanes – no private cars permitted
What will the schemes deliver? Both of the Castle Street options are designed to:
- Improve safety of Pedestrians by improving crossing facilities throughout the project area.
- Provide safe cycling facilities to connect users to key destinations and the wider Cycleway network. A fully segregated cycleway will be built throughout the scheme from the junction with North Road through to Cathedral road, providing key connections for the cycleways network.
- Improve bus priority to the new Central Transport Interchange in Central Square