Westgate Street Proposals
Improvements for cycling
- Continuous stepped cycle lane on both sides of Westgate Street along its full extent.
- The junction between Westgate Street and Park Street will be signalised, with provision for cyclists.
- The junction with Westgate Street will connect cycling provision onto the primary Cycleway on Castle Street
Improvements for walking
- More public realm space gained through the reconfiguration of the carriageway.
- High quality landscaping and improved streetscape.
- New upgraded crossings throughout project area
Improvements for buses
- Reduction in traffic due to bus gate installation
- Rationalisation of bus stops to coincide with the opening of the Transport Interchange
Road design and layout
- Westgate Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction along much of its length.
- The bus gate will restrict through movements on Westgate Street.
- General traffic will be given the opportunity to turn around prior to the bus gate by using the Guildhall Place and Golate y Gwter one-way loop.
Parking and Loading
- All existing points of access will be retained via access from the North